- Number of Adults should include all occupants 18 years of age and older. All guests registering must be 18 years of age and must present photo identification upon check-in. Generally; one or two persons may occupy a room with one bed. If you have small children (Ages 0-13) please let us know and we will assist in accommodating them in your room. Please note that now more than 4 persons (2 Adults and 2 Children) are allowed per room.
Check-in and Check-out Dates
- You may book up to one year in advance, based on availability. Maximum number of days that you may book online is 28. All guests registering must be 18 years of age or older and must present photo identification upon check-in (This is for insurance purposes). Payment for your accommodations required on reservation and online via ww.blackhorse.co.za with accepted VISA/MASTER CARD and only online payments will be accepted.
- Check in times is from 2 pm till 8 pm based on availability. Rooms are typically available after 2 pm. Guest should contact Black Horse on 082 453 5295 on day of arrival for specific times, if needed.
- Checkout times are strictly at 11 am. Late checkouts must be approved and arranged with Black Horse personnel prior to checkout time.
Room Payment / Advance Payment
- Black Horse does not accept prepay vouchers unless they were duly issues by an authorized Black Horse representative. In addition, Black Horse does not accept money orders, cheque or cashiers checks as form of payment.
- In collaboration with local authorities, we require a photocopy of guest identification upon check-in.
- If it becomes necessary to cancel a reservation you must notify Black Horse reserved before 2 pm on the arrival date and receive a cancellation confirmation. (Times and dates to cancel without penalty may vary, but we have a strict no-refund policy if you stay with us within 5 days or on Special Events, Holidays and/or Weekends. Please note that any refunds will be subject to a 10% administration fee.
- In the unlikely event that we cannot honor your guaranteed reservation, we will reimburse you for the first night's lodging at a comparable guest house, transportation to that establishment (if needed) and a telephone call to your home or office to notify others of your new location.
- Black Horse will make every effort to honor special requests when you make your reservation. However, the availability of these items cannot be guaranteed in advance. Black Horse does not offer facilities for the disabled and we are not a wheelchair friendly establishment.
- Other than for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Black Horse Estate, the Estate’s liability to the Client is limited to the price of the booking.
- Unless the Hotel is liable under the above condition 1, the Client indemnifies the Estate from and against any and all liability and any claims, proceedings or damages resulting or arising from the booking, event or function, the Client, guests or any outside contractors of the Client.
- The Estate will not be liable for failure to perform to the extent that the failure is caused by any factor beyond its reasonable control.
- The Estate does not accept any responsibility for the Client’s personal property nor those of its guests, employees, representatives, invitees or contractors including gifts, presents, seminar, conference, exhibition, or other corporate presentation material or such other items brought by the Client, its employees, Guests, representatives, invitees or contractors to the Estate (cumulatively referred to as the “Client’s Property”). The Estate may, at the request of the Client, provide personnel to assist in carrying, directing, placing, installing or setting up (as the case may be) the Client’s Property. The Hotel will not assume custody or control of such articles, which remain on Estate premises at the owners risk. In such an instance, the Client acknowledges and accepts that the Client shall remain responsible for the Client’s Property and shall not hold the Estate liable in any manner whatsoever
- The Client is responsible for any damage caused to the allocated rooms, its furnishings, utensils, fixtures and fittings and equipment in such rooms by any act, omission, default or neglect of the Client, its guests, employees, representatives, invitees or contractors and shall pay to the Estate on demand the amount required to make good or remedy any such damage.
- Clients should ensure that valuables are covered by the Client’s own insurance policy. The Hotel’s liability is limited to the terms of the Hotel Proprietors Act, a copy of which is available at Reception at the Estate.
- Clients must report any loss of or damage to their property immediately on discovery to the Estate Management, and shall make themselves available to assist with any reports made by the Estate to the police.
- Clients shall not enter areas of the Estate which are indicated as being closed to the public. The Estate shall not be responsible for death, personal injury or loss or damage to property suffered by a Client and their Guests in such areas.
- The Client is recommended to have and is responsible for insurance to cover cancellation, curtailment, and loss of baggage, personal effects and money.